Queanbeyan Public School was established in 1864 with an enrolment of 50 children. Queanbeyan Public School was officially opened on 29 November 1877.
Its present buildings represent four eras in school architecture: the restored 19th century solid stone building, the two 1930’s red brick buildings, the 1970’s cream brick buildings which contain the administrative area, canteen and assembly hall, the library and several classrooms and the 2010 refurbishment of the hall, three new classrooms and two new supported learning classrooms.
Increased student enrolments have made it necessary to locate portable classrooms in the school grounds.
Two books have captured the history of our school, students and the community of Queanbeyan. Both books are available for purchase from the front office.
Queanbeyan Public School Community acknowledges the Ngunnawal people as the first caretakers of this land and respectfully recognises their continuing connection to the land, mountains, waters and community.
Copyright for this website is owned by the State of New South Wales through the Department of Education. For more information go to https://www.dec.nsw.gov.au/footer/copyright.